The Mighty Boosh has travelled through many different forms to become what it is today. This timeline gives a brief history of its various incarnations.
- Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding first perform together in King Dong Vs. Moby Dick, with Julian as King Dong and Noel as Moby Dick.
- Noel and Julian perform their first gig as a double act at the Oranje Boom Comedy Club, De Hems Pub
- The Mighty Boosh toured their first stage show
- (Un)natural Acts, where Noel and Julian met Rich Fulcher
- Radio series begins airing
- TV pilot made
- Rehearsals for TV series 1
- Garth Marenghi's Darkplace begins airing
- Series One begins airing
- Breezeblock session - Featured much material which later appeared in Series Two: Betamax, which presumably evolved into The Priest and the Beast; a brief song about Old Gregg; some stories and songs by The Moon.
- AD/BC: A Rock Opera airs
- Series Two begins airing
- Series 1 DVD released
- Series 2 DVD released
- Series 1 & 2 DVD box set released
- Snuff Box begins airing
- Two extra dates added to 2006 stage show for filming of a DVD
- The Mighty Boosh make an appearance at the The Secret Policeman's Ball 2006
- DVD of 2006 stage show released
- Series Three rehearsals begin.
- Series Three scheduled to begin filming
The 2008 stage show "Future Sailors" is released on DVD.
- Journey of the Childmen is released on DVD, a documentary of the Mighty Boosh during their 2008 Stage Show, Future Sailors.